Shortly before the holiday weekend our friends over at DJI pushed the latest version of their popular Usenet client. Customers can download Newsbin Pro 6.40 Release Candidate 2 directly from their beta page. We’re excited that the final 6.40 version will be coming along soon. With features like the NZB Watch Folders and Performance Options. New users can download a 10 day free trial or purchase a lifetime key for just $20.
Newsbin 6.40 includes a number of new features including:
- New pathing mechanism to allow you to insert different elements to create custom download paths.
- New NZB Watch Folder feature. You can create a folder for sending NZB files for processing and specify different download and unrar paths to apply to the contents of the NZBs in each watch folder if you like. The feature is configured under Options/NZB Options.
- AutoPAR tweaks so it will work better with a wider variety of RAR set posting styles.
- utoPAR state data is all stored in memory now. AutoPAR2.db3 only saves data between runs now. This increases reliability by reducing the chance of corrupting the database file and provides some performance optimizations.
- Performing an empty search in Internet Search is now a wildcard search. Returns the the most recent items added to the Search database. If you specify a group or group folder, it will return all posts for the current day for the specified groups. Clicking the “Load Older Posts” will then go back a day at a time into the past.
- New “Performance” section in the Options menu that allows you to easily tweak options to work best on high end machines or low end machines.
- Now prompts on exit. This can be turned off under Options/Confirmation Windows. Defaults to on so people can see the new feature exists.
Newsbin customers can download version 6.4 RC 2 from their beta page since all full releases and betas are free of charge for users with a software license. New users can download a 10 day free trial to test the client.