Red Orb News is the latest Usenet provider on the scene. The service is owned and operated by Ray Hoffman (formerly of Slyck.com). A site we enjoy visiting for up to date news and discussion. For more information read the thread over at Slyck.
At first glance we didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Red Orb News offers a couple unlimited options including one plan with SSL and 20 connections and another with 10 connections and no SSL. They also have a few more options for customers who don’t need unlimited downloads. What caught our attention though was their free Red Orb News account.
Red Orb News is currently offering 1 gig of downloads free per month. No credit card required. Simply provide your name and email address and enjoy testing the Usenet service.
Let’s take a closer look at Red Orb News.
Red Orb News service details:
- 575+ days binary retention
- 2+ years of text retention
- up to 20 connections
- 256-bit SSL encryption
- 99.9% completion rate
- US and European news servers
- 24/7 customer support
Red Orb News account options:
- Unlimited, 20 connections, SSL – $21.99/mo.
- Unlimited, 10 connections – $17.99/mo.
- 3 GB/mo., 10 connections – $2.99/mo.
- 6 GB/mo., 10 connections – $4.99/mo.
- 10 GB/mo., 10 connections – $6.99/mo.
- 30 GB/mo., 10 connections, SSL – $10.99/mo.
- 50 GB/mo., 20 connections, SSL – $13.99/mo.