Newshosting recently rolled out a new version of their popular newsreader. Newshosting client 1.3.2 release includes support for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Along with the latest developer release of Windows 8. This is great news for those getting ready to upgrade to Mountain Lion. As there aren’t too many Usenet clients that support Mac. Even less that do it well. Enjoy unlimited Usenet access for just $9.99 a month or $99 a year.
Support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion and windows 8 were just a couple of the new features and improvements in the Newshosting Browser 1.3.2 update. Here’s a full list directly from the release notes:
- Supports the upcoming Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion* (Based on the current developer releases)
- Windows: Before installation the installer checks if there’s an updated version online and if so installs the updated version instead of the older one.
- All 3rd party libraries like SSL, UnRAR etc. have been updated to the latest version.
- Improved support for Mac OS X 10.7
- Timeout-behavior has been optimized.
- Password protected archives are no longer deleted upon unsuccessful file extraction.
- Mac OS: The tray icon has been removed. This solves display issues on non-standard Mac OS X desktops.
- Queue priority editing has been fixed.